In this episode as we discuss 10 Vital Signs for tracking and enhancing your movement and health, as outlined in Kelly and Juliet Starrett’s latest book, ‘Built to Move’. These vital signs cover a wide spectrum, from getting up from the floor to measuring your sleep hours, and from tracking veggie/fruit consumption to assessing your shoulder’s range of motion. Learn how these quick and simple assessments can be integrated into your daily routine for lasting health improvements. Juliet Starrett is a former whitewater rafting world champion and philanthropist who co-founded The Ready State (formerly Mobility Wod) alongside her husband, Kelly Starrett DPT.
Find links to your favorite Podcast App (remember to rate and review!) https://pod.link/1100471297
- Share this episode on Instagram or Facebook and tag @consummateathlete and @thereadystate before Sept 18, 2023 and be entered to win a copy of “Built to Move” or a subscription to the Ready State App.
- Subscribe to Consummate Athlete on Youtube to watch the latest episodes
- Sign up for the 21 day built to move challenge to help integrate the concepts into your life
- Check out the ReadyState App for daily mobility videos, classes and specific exercises for injury in the palm of your hand!
- Kelly Starrett on ABC News doing sit to stand assessment (one of the 10 vital signs)
SUPPORT THE SHOW
- Use this link to support the show (for free!) while you shop: https://amzn.to/3Aej4jl
- This episode is brought to you by 3 Month 100% Made for You Training Plans by Consummate Athlete – These popular plans are made from scratch for you to fit your goals, your schedule, your gear, and your goals. https://consummateathlete.com/training-plans/
Connect with Molly & Peter
- Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Book a Consultation – https://calendly.com/smartathlete
- Books By Molly Hurford https://amzn.to/3bOztkN
- Get The Consummate Athlete Book
- Follow The Consummate Athlete on Instagram and Facebook
- Follow Molly Hurford on Instagram
- Follow @PeterGlassford on Instagram
- Consummate Athlete Links for Coaching and other services
Stacy Sims, Stephen Seiler, Simon Marshall, Frank Overton, Dean Golich, Joe Friel, Marco Altini Katerina Nash, Geoff Kabush, Ellen Noble, Phil Gaimon, David Roche, Matt Fitzgerald, Dr. Marc Bubbs, Christopher McDougall, Rebecca Rusch, Kate Courtney, David Epstein and many more