This page has links and descriptions of our favorite resources for endurance athletes. You will find equipment, tools, clothing and nutrition/fuel below!
- SRAM Quarq is our recommended Power Meter due to the balance of quality and price (check with your local bike shop to figure out the model that will work with your bike!)
- The Garmin SPD Rally dual sided pedals are a flexible option that makes power more affordable with good accuracy
- Single-sided power meters (e.g. Stages’ left side only) are not generally recommended but are OK if you have them.
- We recommend using DC Rainmaker for reviews and updates on power meters (especially if not one of the above units)
Nutrition and Fuel
- Whey Protein- Anything by Gnarly Nutrition is great both in terms of flavor/nutrition, but also because they have an NSK rating – (email us for our client only code)
- Tailwind Nutrition – all in one endurance fuel – this is our favorite sugar powder because it seems well tolerated by a range of athletes
- Waffles are a favorite with many grocery stores now offering stacks of ~6 waffles
- UnTapped Maple Syrup Athletic Fuel – this is a favorite for training to offset bars or other gels. We really like the slim ‘stick’ style.
- GU Energy Labs – Favorite Gels – A big range of flavors including no-flavor and savory flavors
- Athletic Greens – One stop shop for a daily nutritional supplement that’s NSF certified + tastes great!
- Pearl Izumi – We love pretty much any jacket or accessory (arm-warmer, leg-warmer).
- Bontrager – Their new shorts are superb (2023) and any accessory will be great.
- Velocio – For women’s basics (especially the Luxe bib shorts!), it’s hard to beat Velocio, and they have options in a wide range of prices now.
- Tire Pressure Gauge – We like the Topeak Smart Gauge – it is simple and not so small you loose it or can’t read it!
- Floor Pump – AerGun x-1000 (Amazon) this is a cheapy pump but we have 4 of them and none have broken (we can’t say the same for high priced brand names)
- Multi-Tool with Chain Breaker – Crankbrothers M19 Multi-tool – this is a classic tool and gives you most functions you will need on the trail or while traveling.