DOWNLOAD THIS CONSUMMATE ATHLETE EPISODE
- iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/consummate-athlete-podcast/
- RSS/Play Live/Google: http://consummateathlete.wideanglepodium.libsynpro.com/
- MP3: DOWNLOAD
- Show Notes and More Episodes at www.consummateathlete.com
TOPICS AND LINKS FROM TODAYS SHOW:
Gemma Sampson is an Advanced Sports Dietitian working with elite and amateur cyclists, triathletes and runners.
- Your athletic + work bio, how did you end up in Girona?
- Why study carbs + carb knowledge for your Ph.D.?
- What’s been surprising that athletes don’t seem to have a handle on?
- Carbs pre-race / breakfast pre-race
- Gels: can we eat them, are we getting dehydrated, how can we avoid that
- How to dial nutrition for 10+ hour events-electrolyte and carb needs
- Post race/workout carb needs? (are we supposed to avoid refined sugar?)
- Most common pitfalls for athletes?
- Fasted training? Thoughts?
- Elimination diets—how to do as an athlete, should we do them, any low hanging fruit to tackle first?
- Female endurance athlete protein requirements?
- Also, how the heck do we get enough?
- Nutrition for recovering anemic?
- Shift worker – how do you avoid late-night snack cravings?
- Parents of Juniors – Is your junior racer is eating right?