Exercise Physiologist Stephen Seiler discusses online cycling training. Best tips for using Zwift and similar tools while avoiding too much moderate training. We discuss his 2016 Study on different interval sets and the value of accumulating more minutes of high intensity.
DOWNLOAD THIS CONSUMMATE ATHLETE EPISODE
Donate to the Podcast www.wideanglepodium.com/donate
TOPICS AND LINKS FROM TODAYS SHOW:
- Stephen Seiler on Research Gate
- Stephen Seiler No Pain no Gain TED TALK
- Defining ‘easy’ or ‘low intensity’ training
- Best practices for ‘Base’ or ‘Maintenance’ phase we are in with Covid19 / Quarantine
- Accumulating minutes at high intensity vs. Going too hard and not getting as many minutes.
- Best Intervals to do? 2016 Study on 4 x 4 , 4 x 8 , 4 x 16
- SYLTA, Ø., TØNNESSEN, E., HAMMARSTRÖM, D., DANIELSEN, J., SKOVERENG, K., RAVN, T., … SEILER, S. (2016). The Effect of Different High-Intensity Periodization Models on Endurance Adaptations. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, 48(11), 2165–2174. doi:10.1249/mss.0000000000001007