DOWNLOAD THIS CONSUMMATE ATHLETE EPISODE
Social and Links
TOPICS AND LINKS FROM TODAYS SHOW:
David’s Athletic Background
- Sport specialization-
- Sampling jobs like dating
- Fun Friday’s / sampling Saturday’s and Monday Notes
- Sport centers/teams/coaches where best athletes seem to cluster … is it in the water?
- Dropping tools analogy “It is the very unwillingness of people to drop their tools that turns some of these dramas into tragedies.”
- In the book a quote from Oliver Smithies = “Take your skills and apply them to a new problem, or take your problem and try completely new skills
- advice from book – “So, about that one sentence of advice: Don’t feel behind.””Compare yourself to yourself yesterday, not to younger people who aren’t you. Everyone progresses at a different rate, so don’t let anyone else make you feel behind. You probably don’t even know where exactly you’re going, so feeling behind doesn’t help.”
- On enthusasium when attending something, getting coaching = “You have to carry a big basket to bring something home.”
- On getting Old
What advice would you give a masters aged athlete trying to stay competitive?
On Reading Research