Registered Dietician Kylee Van Horn joins us to discuss common questions about nutrition in general and specific questions from listeners. Kylee is an ultra-runner and owner of Fly Nutrition
Please consider supporting us by:
a) Rate and review on your preferred app! Easy and Free! Thank You!
b) Order Shred-Girls by Molly Hurford https://amzn.to/2RBDlJy
DOWNLOAD THIS CONSUMMATE ATHLETE EPISODE
- iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/consummate-athlete-podcast/
- RSS/Play Live/Google: http://consummateathlete.wideanglepodium.libsynpro.com/
- MP3: DOWNLOAD
- Show Notes and More Episodes at www.consummateathlete.com
TOPICS AND LINKS FROM TODAYS SHOW:
Kylee Van Horn, an ultra-running registered dietician and owner of Fly Nutrition
- Your athletic bio + how you came to become an RD
- What is new and fun in nutrition for sport?
- Dealing with clients heading into the new year–the best and worst time for anyone in the athletic world when it comes to goal-setting and resolutions!
- Simple/successful resolutions that people can actually set?
- On that note, goal-setting around nutrition that doesn’t involve cutting calories—any thoughts on how someone can make more long term goals?
- Biggest mistakes you see athletes making?
- Feelings on supplements, how do you figure out what’s worth it?
- Everyone wants to lose 5 pounds, and for some people, that’s reasonable: where should they start?
- In light of RED-S, what do you wish athletes paid more attention to?
- Fueling workouts—we get this one all the time, and answer it often, but would love to get your best pointers!
- Athletes with gut issues seem to be more and more common–what can an athlete with chronic stomach pain/digestive issues do to start fixing himself?
- elimination diet for athletes—what we need to know
- Best tips for easy wins, i.e meal prepping, post-run snacks, etc.
Liked this article? Before you go, check out our book, Becoming A Consummate Athlete. You can also get subscribed for a weekly set of tips, tricks + outdoor motivation!