By popular request, this is our episode with Sports Scientist Stephen Seiler. We talk about Polarized Training, as well as his ‘Hierarchy of Endurance Training Needs’.
We cover some really interesting and practical information that you can take to your own training patterns today. Regardless of your training the idea that we should have focus and a purpose to our intensity and volume
DOWNLOAD THIS CONSUMMATE ATHLETE EPISODE
- iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/consummate-athlete-podcast/
- RSS/Play Live/Google: http://consummateathlete.wideanglepodium.libsynpro.com/
- MP3: DOWNLOAD
- Show Notes and More Episodes at www.consummateathlete.com
MENTIONED IN INTRO
Remember, there are no “toxic” intensities over one or a few sessions. But over time, it is easy to adopt a toxic intensity distribution.
— Stephen Seiler (@StephenSeiler) April 18, 2017
-> higher elements have risk: low-cost reward (response, sickness, decrease training)
Best books – come back to
Gladwell’s books – Gladwell’s books
– Glicks – chaos/butterfly effects in “Making New Science Book”
– don’t discount older books on reinvent wheel