The multi-talented Marco Altini returns to answer top listener questions about HRV and also to provide a few updates on the latest research around apply HRV to sport and recovery.
Check out HRV4Training App = https://www.hrv4t.com/
DOWNLOAD THIS CONSUMMATE ATHLETE EPISODE
- iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/consummate-athlete-podcast/
- RSS/Play Live/Google: http://consummateathlete.wideanglepodium.libsynpro.com/
- MP3: DOWNLOAD
- Show Notes and More Episodes at www.consummateathlete.com
- Smart Athlete 3 Month 100% Made for You Endurance Training Programs
- Get workouts and a routine that is made for you and your busy life
- TOPICS AND LINKS FROM TODAYS SHOW:
Getting started with HRV – what does someone who wants to try it need?
- Getting started with HRV Quickstart guide
- Oura ring as syncing with hrv4training?
When to measure – Night vs. Day-time
- Molly’s Article on using HRV4Training and meditation https://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-29781/how-taking-5-mindful-minutes-every-morning-increased-my-productivity.html
Using the dataHRV-guided: full story (from Kivinemi et al. to the latest work of Javaloyes et al., + his future work), how to use HRV to guide training and improve performance, what we have learnt from different studies=
The biggest mistake people when recording HRV– insights for teams from Sherman et al. (looping back to the protocol), discuss endurance vs team sports differences for data acquisition (could add guidelines for teams)
confounding factor – first thing in bed minimal other stuff, no social media
Easiest analysis we should keep an eye on once we have a few weeks of data baseline?
Training adaptations: Flatt et al. + Marco’s current research with Dutch triathlon (training load, coefficient of variation)
Listener question = training efficiency and hrv = resting hr??? coefficient – stable
Menstrual cycle and HRV: Patricia Doyle-Baker and her group, expected changes in different phases, implications for practitioners
decrease hrv across the cycle, inactive women –
Closing on ideas for future research(mindfulness and biofeedback, acute vs chronic changes), other psychological aspects (HRV as a mediating factor between load and injury as we have seen in Williams et al.)
Past HRV episodes
Past articles by Marco of HRV4Training