When I saw the new women’s Kitsbow Galena Merino Hoodie, I was tentatively filled with hope and excitement. You all know that I’ve been looking for a merino wool hoodie that comes anywhere near my old favorite, the Chrome Pasha Hoodie that I got 12 years ago and has now been worn in 10 countries and washed so often that it’s see-through. Guys. The Kitsbow Galena Merino Hoodie is THE ONE.
A great-fitting merino wool hoodie is a staple. It’s a bit nicer than a generic cotton hoodie, it’s warmer, it doesn’t get smelly when you get sweaty, and it can go from airports to meetings to backcountry hiking trips. I don’t go anywhere without one, they’re so damn useful and cozy. And the Kitsbow Galena Merino Hoodie didn’t disappoint.
Key features, as ranked by me:
- Merino wool = cozy, soft, durable, and less in need of washing
- Can be washed and dried by machines and doesn’t shrink
- Hood that actually fits and comfortably pairs with winter coat
- Durable zipper, despite my and DW’s best efforts to wreck it
- Zippered hand pockets AND a secret pocket in the back, so it’s great for running, riding, airport-ing, and still has good hand-warming pockets like a standard hoodie
- It covers about half of your butt, so it’s long but not too long, and works well with leggings (from a purely aesthetic perspective). It actually has a slight rear dropped hem, which I love
- Reflective piping
Honestly, I know it’s a spend to get this hoodie, but if you’re anything like me and wear something like this often, I can’t recommend it enough. You will get your money’s worth!!
- Get it here: Galena Merino Hoodie