When I’m doing women’s talks, one of the key points I always make is that you should be telling your coach when you have your period, because guess what? It matters! So, over at Nylon, I was super stoked to get to dive into the whys/hows of what your body is up to throughout the month, and—maybe more importantly—what you can do about it to get the most out of your training. SO important. Do me a favor and give this a read—and share with your training buddies (and tell your coach how you’re doing).
About Molly Hurford
Molly Hurford is a journalist in love with all things cycling, running, nutrition and movement-related. When not outside, she’s writing about being outside and healthy habits of athletes and interviewing world-class athletes and scientists for The Consummate Athlete. She’s the author of multiple books and her most recent project, Shred Girls, is a young adult fiction series and online community focused on getting girls excited about bikes. She also writes regularly for publications including Bicycling magazine, Outside, Map My Run, and Nylon. Molly is a little obsessed with getting people—especially women—psyched on adventure and being outside, and she regularly hosts talks and runs clinics for cyclists and teaches yoga online and IRL… And in her spare time, the former Ironman triathlete and cyclist now spends time racing ultra-runs on trails. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram at @mollyjhurford
You also might be interested in
Retired Pro CX racer Mo Bruno Roy joins Molly today[...]
I initially wrote this post back in January after a[...]
Lea Davison is a 2x Olympic mountain biker from Vermont.[...]
- Our Top 5 February Favorites
- What is RPE and How to Use It in Training
- Test Don’t Guess? What happens if you leave Zone 2?
- Tips for Setting Up Your New Run Watch / Cycling Computer (Without Wrecking Your Day)
- Annual BT 700 Bikepacking Newsletter 2024
- The 30-Second Bedtime Habit That Makes Mornings Better
- Libido, Training Couples & Racing After Kids – Megan & David Roche
- On Doing Anything… But Not Everything
- A Few Quick Healthy Grocery Shopping Tips—Plus a PDF List!
- Cold Plunges, Irregular Schedules & Wearable Data