Over on Nylon, I had THE BEST time writing and investigating ways that we, as super healthy fitness-y types, are probably still sabotaging our best efforts to lead those healthy lifestyles. If you’re reading this, you can probably guess a couple of them—going into a new class and going absolutely HAM, hopping from one fad diet to the next, but there were a few unexpected ones that I really dug. And I’m totally guilty of sabotaging myself, often with being super-strict about something/going too hard, and then getting SUPER lazy after the going gets tough or I get sore once. It’s taken me a decade to get out of that cycle, and I’m in the business of fitness! So, check it out and LMK if any of these strike a chord for you.
About Molly Hurford
Molly Hurford is a journalist in love with all things cycling, running, nutrition and movement-related. When not outside, she’s writing about being outside and healthy habits of athletes and interviewing world-class athletes and scientists for The Consummate Athlete. She’s the author of multiple books and her most recent project, Shred Girls, is a young adult fiction series and online community focused on getting girls excited about bikes. She also writes regularly for publications including Bicycling magazine, Outside, Map My Run, and Nylon. Molly is a little obsessed with getting people—especially women—psyched on adventure and being outside, and she regularly hosts talks and runs clinics for cyclists and teaches yoga online and IRL… And in her spare time, the former Ironman triathlete and cyclist now spends time racing ultra-runs on trails. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram at @mollyjhurford
You also might be interested in
- 5 Pieces of Gear to Save on for Endurance Athletes
- Let’s Talk About House-Cleaning (as Athletes)
- Holiday Q&A
- The 2-Month Strength-Focused Training Plan for Cyclists
- A Case Study for Organizing Your Gear — And Keeping It That Way!
- Getting Your Mind in Gear – Pat Spencer
- The Consummate Athlete 2024 Gift Guide – Gifts for Every Athlete in Your Life
- An Important Reminder as We Head into the Holidays
- How to Know When It’s Time for a Big Scary Goal
- Peaking for Races + Off-season Strength Only Blocks For Busy Cyclists