If you’re an Ontario-based mountain biker, you’re about six weeks away (hopefully) from mountain bike season! So, if you’re starting to think about the Ontario Cup series and need a little structure to get to the start line, here’s a 6 week plan that takes you from a base of fitness to being specifically prepared for a mountain bike race.
About the plan:
- Any athlete can use this plan to focus specifically better mountain biking for a race, big ride or to better perform in group rides.
- This plan is best applied 6-8 weeks out from your competition season
- Core is included as a 10 min routine with a lot of flexibility based on what you need (examples/downloads included)
- Downloads are included for some workouts but many are very flexible workouts that encourage you to focus on race like scenarios on your mountain bike. (e.g. indoor workouts are not ideal)
- You can use this plan by HR, Power or RPE (no device)
- The plan is 8-12 hours a week with options noted to extend or reduce as your schedule dictates
- Length: 6 Weeks