I’m excited to introduce Shred Girls Coaching: one-on-one weekly coaching for girls ready to crush their cycling goals! I’m looking for a few motivated young athletes who may even already work with a local team and attend weekly practices with a coach, but are looking for a bit of structure in their riding, mobility and strength work. Trying to juggle cross country running with cross country riding? I can help make a schedule that will help you reach both goals without burning out. Hoping to hit a podium at this year’s NICA events? Yep, we can work towards that too.
My goal is to help you continue to improve on the bike… without losing your love of pedaling or getting burned out!
Who it’s for: beginner-to-intermediate level Shred Girls (age 14-23) looking to streamline their training in mountain biking, cyclocross or road, and take their riding to the next level
What you get with Shred Girls Coaching:
- Initial phone call to discuss your goals/plans/current training/race calendar
- Daily training plan and log (via Google Sheets) with your workout (both on- or off-bike) plus added notes on things like mobility and nutrition—this is also where you’ll record what actually happened that day and how you felt!
- Regular check-ins and plan updates as needed
- Unlimited email for questions/chats
- Access to the private Facebook group where you’ll join other Shred Girls around the world who are all working and training to get better
- Exclusive PDF + video content for strength and mobility workouts plus nutrition advice
- First dibs on events, clinics and camps
- AND… After 3 months, if you’ve been filling in your training log and staying consistent, I’ll mail you a Shred Girls jersey plus a copy of my upcoming book, The Athlete’s Guide to Sponsorship!
Interested? Fill out this intake form and we’ll get started!
Once you’ve filled out the Shred Girls Coaching Intake Form, we’ll set up a time to hop on a call to get all the details of your goals and talk through how coaching will work and what to expect. (For girls under 18, your parent or guardian will need to sign a waiver, and will need to get on the phone to talk through the process as well.)
(Note: Right now, there are only 10 spots available, so if you’re interested, get in touch soon!)
Questions? Email me at molly <at> theoutdooredit.com
Not quite ready to commit to coaching but want some structure in your training? Check out this 8-week training plan PDF designed for girls balancing school and training!
Who is your coach?
Molly Hurford is a cycling coach and journalist in love with all things cycling, running, nutrition and movement-related. When not outside, she’s writing about being outside, travel, and athletic style here or for outlets like Bicycling, Canadian Cycling and Outside magazine. She’s the author of multiple books including “Mud, Snow and Cyclocross” and “Fuel Your Ride” and her most recent project, Shred Girls, is a young adult fiction series, website and now, coaching service focused on getting girls excited about bikes.
She’s raced every discipline of cycling, from road to cyclocross to track to MTB to sprint triathlon to Ironman. She’s coached with the Ontario Cycling Association, cyclocross superstar Ellen Noble’s ENCX Quest camp, the Canadian National Team’s U23 and junior winter endurance camps, and regularly hosts camps and clinics. She’s a USA Cycling certified cycling coach, a registered yoga teacher with the Yoga Alliance, a Precision Nutrition Level 1 coach, and a PMBI-certified MTB skills coach.
After 14 years of racing, riding, studying, interviewing and digging into the science of performance and what makes us enjoy the ride, she’s a little obsessed with getting more women psyched on adventure and being outside. With that, she regularly hosts talks, clinics and camps for cyclists… And in her spare time, she races on trails!
She’ll be joined by longtime coach Peter Glassford, who will act as a consulting coach and help lead camps and clinics as well as work to create the best possible training plans for you!