The Ultimate Guide to Athlete Habits
Tired of training and not getting wins? Feeling a lack of motivation, or that there just isn’t enough time to do it all? Missing when sport felt fun?
If you’ve been training for an endurance sport like cycling or running but find yourself feeling stuck or not getting the results that you want, your daily habits might be to blame. Being an all-around athletic, healthy human capable of tackling any outdoor adventure—a Consummate Athlete, if you will—takes smart training and thoughtful lifestyle choices.
In this book, you’ll learn new ways to look at your recovery, fueling, training, record keeping and even your gear in order to help you reach your athletic goals while actually enjoying your healthy lifestyle.
The book is broken down into sections including:
- How and why embracing athletic identity is a critical step to healthy habit formation
- The way to form a habit—and make it stick
- Recovery habits that will help improve performance, from sleep to visualization
- Fueling advice that makes meal prep into an athletic endeavor
- Training considerations so that you’re ready to tackle any adventure, anytime
- Gear hacks and organizational tricks to make getting ready to roll out a snap
- Recording techniques that actually help further your goals, not just collect data
- …And of course, what to do when things go sideways
Longtime endurance sport coach and kinesiologist Peter Glassford and his equally athletic wife, author and fellow coach Molly Hurford are going to change the way you view your training. Remember: You are an athlete, and you owe it to yourself to start living like one!
Client Success Stories
Hundreds of happy customers over 20 years of experience
Having a coach lets you focus on training and all the other amazing things you do. Your coach designs your training, adjusts the plan when needed, keeps you motivated, pushes you to do more (and holds you back from doing too much!) & they are there to celebrates the victories with you